Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Fletcher at 6 Years

Yesterday was Fletcher's birthday.
 He officially turned 6 years old, which is almost unbelievable to me. So much has happened over the last 6 years.
6 years ago we were still mourning the death of my dad, who had died 5 days previously, and yet we were also celebrating life with the birth of Fletcher.

This year we are just a couple of weeks away from celebrating another baby. My dad would have loved being here for all of the excitement.

Because of Devin's ER schedule, we celebrated Fletchers birthday a week ago with a family trip to the local jump park.


The entire family loves the jump park, and on Monday evenings they offer a family special. The entire family gets in for a grand total of $35. I missed being able to jump with everyone, but enjoyed watching from the sidelines.


After jumping we grabbed a few pizzas and an ice cream cake and came home to open gifts.
Fletcher loves Blues Clues so Willow crafted a "notebook" for him. She did a great job and it has actually been his most favorite gift. Hand made wins every time.


He was also gifted lots of play dough, and who doesn't love that stuff? The boys have played with it every day and I have swept the floor of dried play dough every evening.


 When we were at the beach and celebrated Zeb's birthday I discovered that Publix had some nice ice-cream cakes. The oreo one is a favorite, so that is what we had for Fletcher too.


It was a simple celebration. It was a family birthday party. It was perfect.

Happy birthday Fletcher Pike!

Today will be a busy day with school and a mid wife appointment. I am hoping Devin and I can squeeze a movie in this evening too. The Magnificent Seven is out and I really would love to see it!

Happy Wednesday Ya'll!!


3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Fletcher! Sam, praying that you have a wonderful delivery and healthy baby! God has blessed you with a beautiful family..thanks for sharing glimpses into your life with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you even stand barefoot in the house and the street?
    I lived in a mountain home, like 'Heidi, the little girl of the mountains'. I was living on top of the mountain with my grandparents and my five sisters and my two brothers. I was 8 children. The back of the house was passing by a stream from which we took the water to drink. The grandfather had 5 goats and went with milk and cheese at the fair, and returned with flour. We were making bread and eating milk or cheese. That's what I ate when I was little.
    I slept on straw and it was beautiful. I was naked all the time ... I had no idea I was there.
    We did not have water and did not wash. Our bare feet were always dirty. What a beautiful life I had ...
    Now, at city is very dificult with barefoot soles. Contact me at: karlkwiatkowski79@atlas.cz

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,

    I came across your blog, I really liked it and I also enjoyed reading it as well. Plus you also have a wonderful family.

    I was taken back by what this person had commented on your blog.

    This comment was very wierd and akward that was left by this person! That makes no sense what so ever!

    Maybe I am wrong and I'm sorry for that. First of all they could've said Bare or Buff or Nude, instead of saying Naked!

    Instead you say that you slept in the Buff.

    It's just kinda Prude in the way they worded it. Is that even a real word to use? "Worded".

    I mean to me it says "hey look at me everyone I'm Naked", and screamin really loud about it.

    I quess I'm just old school, and that would be the right terminology word to say or use.

    Have a great day and always be kind nice to each other.

    ReplyDelete

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...