Friday, August 19, 2016

Summer of Birthdays

It was a summer of birthdays.

Willow celebrated her 14th birthday in June. She loves to celebrate at the lake, so a lake gathering is what we do.
Willow loves having her best friends and siblings at the lake. We always pull out the jet skis, and all of my kids LOVE jet skis!


My ever loving bug boy always seems to find a new critter to hold and examine.




Fletcher loves playing in the wet clay/mud.....so common here in the South.


We also had a new calf born near the end of June.



We came home from a family dinner to find that Penny had calved while we were gone. She had a healthy bull calf that is half Jersey and half Swedish Red.



I usually band my boys into steers and raise them for beef, but I decided to raise this guy for a bull. I will need a bull next year to breed many girls.  Indiana has named him Kai. Here's to a new farm adventure.

Finally, while we were in Florida, we celebrated Zeb's 7th birthday. Actually we celebrated his birthday and a friend's birthday, who came to the beach with us.


Of course Zeb got more items for his constant bug collecting.



We bought a couple of ice cream cakes from a local grocery and ordered pizza for dinner.



The next day Zeb bought a hermit crab with his birthday money. I am happy to announce that his little crab, named Happy, made the trip home and is living happily in an aquarium habitat.
Zeb likes that he now owns two pets. He got a leopard gecko for his 5th birthday and that little guy is still doing great.

It has been a summer of birthdays. It has been a summer of family gatherings and friends hanging out.

We still have a few weeks of summer left, no school here until after Labor Day.

This weekend I plan to work on some sewing projects and finish getting some school stuff organized. I will update next week on my new curriculum.

Happy Friday Ya'll!!



2 comments:

  1. Oh Sami, I really enjoy your blogs! I feel like I'm extended family! LOL! YOU, sweet lady, take care of yourself! Have a Jesus blessed rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Sami, I really enjoy your blogs! I feel like I'm extended family! LOL! YOU, sweet lady, take care of yourself! Have a Jesus blessed rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete

Send some love....leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...